Automating functions brings control that is more efficient in several core business processes. For instance, by automating background tasks between executions and planning, one can drive greater visibility over production lines.
FREMONT, CA: The world has considerably changed from discrete manufacturing. Many businesses are starting to realize they have not driven adequate innovation in their supply chain to respond to the challenges.
The challenges may comprise an increased need for product customizations, increased pressure than ever to get to market faster than the competition, and the logistics challenge of global supply chains. Organizations are under enormous pressure to do more with less, but for most of these organizations, the answers lie in efficiently managing control, agility, and visibility.
Below is how innovation is supporting manufacturers with increasingly global, disparate supply chains.
Administering Control Across Product Variations with Automation
More than ever, product variations coupled with ever-increasing intricacies are keeping businesses on their toes. From procurement to quality, control is the anchor of all processes. But to uphold the power of complex production planning, one needs a combined feature of speed and flexibility. One way to address the challenge is to drive automated practices in the production line that are responsive to variable demand.
Without the processes in place, administering control in product variation can create several difficulties, including:
• Security: Breaches become more probable with a significant uptake of siloed legacy systems that need to talk to each other. There is a need for faster material requirements planning within an individual system where security supervision is done centrally.
• Mismanaged Variation: Services and products have moved away from being uniform and are being introduced more often. There is a danger if the business overstocks to meet the demand for one disparity, yet the requirements change shortly after. Therefore, there is a need for both speed and flexibility.
Automating functions brings control that is more efficient in several core business processes. For instance, by automating background tasks between executions and planning, one can drive greater visibility over production lines. The mechanization ensures that the right materials are accessible, and the orders are correctly sequenced before organizing the production floor. When working with highly variable product lines, the capability to automatically run accessibility checks, perform capacity leveling, and auto-print manufacturing orders help an organization maximize usage and be more competent.
The Right Technology Enables flexible and Responsive Supply Chain Management
Change and contingency are absolute in manufacturing. While efficient production planning can support the business, there will always be factors outside one’s control. Changes in system configurations, people resources, supply chain, and machine downtime can have grim consequences.
Although many manufacturers face these disputes every day, only a small number are realizing the competitive benefit of innovation and automation and innovation. The appropriate technology stack is decisive in manufacturing to:
1. Enable responsive production planning and deal with variation.
2. Incorporate systems and have visibility over the complete supply chain, however incongruent it may be.
3. Reduce dependence on subcontracting and using resources more efficiently.
There are several approaches to align technology to attend to the challenges, drive value, and enable planned objectives. The plan can be distilled into many prime areas:
• An integrated enterprise solution—cloud-based or on-premises depending on organizational imperatives.
• Aligned data-governance and analytics solutions.
• Industry-based, best-of-breed solutions where expert competences are required.
• The correct integration support to harness operational data in the most efficient way and embrace innovation.
Check This Out: Top Supply Chain Technology Companies