Smart deal-making, digital ticket capture, integrated settlement and payment submission, and hyper-accurate GPS load monitoring are just a few of Roger's efficiency-focused features.
FREMONT, CA: Roger, a dry bulk freight technology company, revealed that it has opened its ecosystem to all dry bulk truck shippers and carriers, giving them access to its suite of cost-cutting, revenue-generating products. Smart deal-making, digital ticket capture, integrated settlement and payment submission, and hyper-accurate GPS load monitoring are just a few of Roger's efficiency-focused features.
"Shipper and carrier relationships are important in our business," said Jeff Schreiner, CEO, Roger. "The key to success is being able to build additional business relationships and then use data-driven insights to make informed and profitable business decisions. Roger does just that. It is a neutral and secure solution that uses technology to organize data, create efficiencies, and connect shippers and carriers in a new, more transparent way."
Roger was created with input from more than 500 trucking companies and dry bulk freight shipping industry leaders. With nearly 500 carriers hauling more than 45 different commodities for major dry bulk shippers, including The Andersons Inc., Cargill, Consolidated Grain and Barge Co., Koch Fertilizer, and The Scoular Company, Roger's technologies have completed more than 150,000 loads in less than a year. Bushel, one of the industry's leading agricultural technology firms, has also endorsed Roger.
Bulk freight processes are currently fragmented and manual, resulting in lost productivity and revenue. Roger's inventions are designed to address some of the industry's most pressing issues. "Roger has improved our communication with carriers and partners," said Jeannie Frana, Global Process Owner, Cargill Transportation, and Logistics. "We've been able to reduce phone calls, cut back on paperwork and pay our carriers faster. It's a win-win for Cargill and our carriers."
Roger Technology Solutions
Roger is a single, universal technology solution that integrates with existing processes and can be used throughout the industry, providing shippers and carriers with resources that can be used together or separately:
• Roger onRamp creates a single profile to store insurance, DOT, license, and other certifications, which is available immediately to shippers when a new connection is made, limiting the time it takes to onboard a new carrier.
• Roger Deals serves as a central location for all available loads and power. Carriers and shippers can obtain several bids, approve an offer with a single click, and use trackable negotiating tools to make the best business decisions possible.
• Roger Hauls gives shippers the capacity to dispatch loads directly to carriers within the app, along with all information concerning the haul. Carriers can scan and upload origin and destination tickets directly into Roger, removing the need for paper.
• Roger Locators removes "Where's my truck?" calls by providing shippers with real-time map views of truck locations and ETAs, while Google Maps integration provides carriers with the origin and destination locations, as well as turn-by-turn navigation and route mapping.
• Roger IQ assists in the development of a real-time shipping status dashboard that provides a visual representation of how the company is doing. Roger offers market- and sector-level analytics for actionable insights using aggregate industry data.
• Roger Transmissions offers direct integration with accounting systems (major ERPs and QuickBooks), transport management software, and fleet management systems for shippers and carriers.
•Roger Exchanges removes the need for paper invoices, allowing carriers to request payment directly from shippers inside the app after a haul is completed. Invoicing on paper and waiting for payments are no longer necessary.
"The visibility of our carrier's location allows us to make real-time logistical decisions," said Ryan Napier, Grain Merchandiser, Scoular, "while the paperless billing streamlined the flow of information from carriers to customers, increased our payment turnaround and enabled almost real-time information flow to our customers."
Napier added, "The level of transparency and trust Roger offers is unlike any other platform we have used. Our customers can instantly see the location of their load and the information we have on the load; see as soon as a truck scales out of our facility, when it scales into the destination and when the load is delivered. It has improved the level of customer service we can provide tremendously."